How to Freegle
Freegle is a network of local groups where you can give stuff away when you want to get rid of it – but don’t want to throw it away because it still has some useful life left in it. Or if there’s something you’d like, perhaps someone has just what you need that they don’t want anymore.
Unwanted items are getting reused in their communities via our locally based volunteer run groups. Everyone and any organisation are welcome to join.
It’s free to sign up, then post a message with an OFFER of something you want to get rid of, or a WANTED message for something you need.
- You have a washing machine you’re thinking of dumping.
- You join your local Freegle group
- You post an OFFER message to the list, seen by everyone who looks on the site or receives messages (members get to choose whether to receive messages or just view online).
- Interested members of your group will reply to you privately. You choose who you would like to give it to.
- Between you, you arrange for them to come and pick up the washing machine.
- It gets collected.
- You’ve given away your washing machine with little effort, and you also got to meet someone new from your neighbourhood in the process.
- Someone local to you who needed your unwanted machine can now use it, fix it, use parts for spares or upcycle it to something else.
- It didn’t go into landfill or incinerator. Great for both you and our planet. Everyone wins!
If you need an item you can request one on the list in the same way and if someone has what you’d like they will contact you to offer it. All offers and requests must be freegle (free and legal).
Our aim is to keep anything usable in use for as long as possible. Meeting new people helps to develop local community networks and friendships in the process. The local group moderators will be happy to help you if you need advice about anything.
Join us now and enjoy freegling with your Freegle community!
FREEly Given, Locally, Easily