Business cards are a simple and inexpensive way for your council to promote Freegle and are a good alternative when a poster may not be appropriate. Business cards can be handed out at your events, left at council owned or managed buildings for distribution or sent out with mailshots.
A generic Freegle business card graphic is available but If you want another size or a specific design for your council, just email email@example.com.
Click to download:
There are lots of places that you can leave business cards…
- Arrange with friendly retailers to hand them out (usually ones with green aspirations).
- Supermarket noticeboards
- Corner shops and newsagents
- Estate agents
- Repair stores
- Charity shops - suggest they can hand them to people who offer electrical or other stuff they can’t take in their shops.
- Carpet shops - good because they have lots of waste such as bits of carpet, wrapping, tubes etc.
- Churches, Synagogues and any other places of worship often have outreach projects and are happy to dish out the cards.
- Pubs & clubs
- Train stations
- Doctors and dentist surgeries
- By skips and bins (be selective with this option!)
- Bus shelters
- Shopping centres
You could also try asking various places in the community to hand out cards:
- Citizens' Advice Bureau
- Housing advice places
- Community group venues
- Community halls
- Customer services at: Town Halls, removal companies, funeral directors
- Parish halls
- MP's office
- Housing associations
- Housing estate offices
- Unemployment and other social help centres
- The TIP
- Green Fairs
- Libraries are good. Get hold of their Head Librarian and many will take some for each of their branches.
- Car Booters will give them out on their stalls, especially those who do it for charities.
- Building site in their office or even in the 'Show house'
- Schools, scouts etc. to give to the children for their parents.
- Reducing fly-tipping
- Making Freegle visible on your websites
- Discussing Freegle with residents
- Talking to residents about bulky waste
- Household Waste Recycling Centres - the Freegle alternative
- How Freegle can help right across your authority
- Promoting your events and campaigns using Freegle
- Christmas toolkit
- Valentine's Day toolkit