Running a Give and Take day
Several councils run Give and Take days in partnership with Freegle. These are one-day community events that allow local residents to give items that they no longer need and take items that they want. Think of it like a bring and buy stall, but everything is free! Give and Take days are great for:
- Raising awareness of waste and reuse in your local area.
- Providing good PR for your council.
- Diverting items from HWRCs/residual waste/bulky waste collections.
- Building community!
- Reducing fly-tipping
- Making Freegle visible on your websites
- Discussing Freegle with residents
- Talking to residents about bulky waste
- Household Waste Recycling Centres - the Freegle alternative
- How Freegle can help right across your authority
- Promoting your events and campaigns using Freegle
- Christmas toolkit
- Valentine's Day toolkit