Working with your local Freegle volunteers
Each Freegle community is run by volunteers and they are there to help you and the members of that community get the best out of Freegle. Keeping in touch with them can really help build a good relationship and ultimately benefit your council.
Your local volunteer can post events and messages on behalf of your council, help with your waste reduction campaigns and they may even be able to attend any events you may be running.
You can find their contact details on your local group pages , or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with them.
Why use Freegle? What’s in it for councils?
- Case study - Cumbria
- Case study - Essex
- Case study - Sutton
- Freegle Focus - Bulky Waste
- Freegle Focus - Social Housing
- Freegle Focus - Climate Emergency
Working with Freegle volunteers
Making Freegle work best for your council
- Reducing fly-tipping
- Making Freegle visible on your websites
- Discussing Freegle with residents
- Talking to residents about bulky waste
- Household Waste Recycling Centres - the Freegle alternative
- How Freegle can help right across your authority
- Promoting your events and campaigns using Freegle
- Christmas toolkit
- Valentine's Day toolkit
Example promotional material from other councils